Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 7 years ago

my wife lacks discipline, how to improve?

She won't cook my favorite dishes, sometimes she forgets to wash the clothes that I need and keeps talking when she's not supposed to. I don't know what to do with her anymore. I am not an old fashioned or chauvinistic kind of guy but I think women need to serve their men in the most efficient way, if they can't fulfill their purpose they need to be corrected by all means necessary. Here's what bothers me about her for instance: Yesterday she went grocery shopping and she came back home one hour late, now, she knows exactly what time I want to have dinner and I do expect her to be sharp and precise. Well, I didn't let her eat as punishment and I warned her if that ever happens again it will be a full day without a meal. I bought her a car for her to be punctual, I didn't get her a car just to hike around. Since I am the one who brings money home, don't I deserve some respect? I don't want to sound like a control freak but I come from the US Navy and naturally I am very strict on discipline by habit. I would never hit her because I am against that sort of correction but I need some advices on how to set her straight.

thnks in advance

• Best Answer

". I am not an old fashioned or chauvinistic kind of guy but I think women need to serve their men in the most efficient way, if they can't fulfill their purpose they need to be corrected by all means necessary"

Cool story bro. Try harder to troll though. The statement above is far too obvious.

Some one needs to 'set you straight'!! Have you ever heard of equality? Are you incapable of looking after yourself or do you absolutely need some one to cook for you and make sure you are alright 24/7?

To be honest I'm surprised she is still with you, I personally would be out of there straight away! Do you think she doesn't have anything else to do other than wait on your hand and foot? And you think you are not old fashioned? You have got to be kidding right? She has just as much right to do as she pleases as you do.

Reach around the back of your head and smack it. Who says you are not old fashioned, controlling or chauvinistic? You describe it all with your threat of a full day without a meal. Who the hell are you? Her Sergeant? This is not WIFE Basic Training. She is your EQUAL Learn to work together!

• BJ

Guess what guy this is the ,day and age of equal rights for women.As for being on time with dinner too bad so sad You need a reality check your wife is,nt a slave,and she is ,not one of your navy guys my father was a drill sargent and acted nothing like you.,

• Bodhi

I'm sorry she was an hour late. I'll try to get her dressed and back out the door a little quicker next time. God knows we don't want any trouble with you until your new life insurance policy has been around long enough to reduce suspicion.

Sounds like you need to respect her more. She's a human being, not a slave. It appears that you have control issues and are probably abusive.

You should get counseling and learn how to treat her right before you lose her.

Well, if this is an accurate representation of your marriage, you should have discussed your particular needs prior to marrying her.

I believe you should divorce & begin your search for a more appropriate & efficient wife.

• Ash

Why don't you provide for yourself?

If you want something done, do it yourself. Ever heard that phrase? Learn from it. Life isn't handed to you on a silver platter -- ESPECIALLY NOT a silver platter your wife is holding. She has her own life to live.

Do your own stuff, she can do hers. She will soon realise that she is lacking in organisation/hygiene. Trust me.

why dont you tell her how you feel my bf wanted me to be somewhat traditional hé talked to me about it and now i do à lot of things like preparing his meals watchjing our daughter and housework ... unless i really dont want to do somthing i let him know but for the most part were both pretty happy

You are in the US navy but want respect? You have just contradicted yourself!