I had a spiritual dream, but I'm not a spiritual person?

I had a dream I was standing in a Buddhist temple in front of a statue and I wasn't really praying but I was trying to focus on something, like I was meditating, and I was staring at the statue's face. All of a sudden it was like I blacked out and couldn't see but I heard someone, very VERY clearly, like they where right there, and their voice surrounded me and they said "You must let go of all things that tie you to this world, only then can you be free." and at that time it felt like I was completely at peace. I woke up WITHIN the dream after awhile and I was trying to figure out what it meant while I was still dreaming and then I woke up for real. It felt so real, the whole thing.

Just to clarify, I am not now, nor have I ever been a Buddhist. I'm an atheist. I don't even know how I know it was a Buddhist temple, there wasn't even anyone there.

Favorite Answer

It is perfectly fine, you're not a clairvoyant or a spiritual person, your brain recollects and re-assembles information or things you have seen and experienced in the past to re-collaborate them into present thoughts or occasional dreams, for example you may have been to the temple before and you have experienced some Mantra or chanting in the temple, suddenly when you sleep you may dream about it, maybe it's a dream omen or maybe you may have been a Buddhist in the past (Maybe)

Sometimes when we sleep we dream out of the blue, like impossible things, actions we do in our sleep, it's perfectly normal. We may have experienced it in the past.

Being Buddhist is not incompatible with being an Atheist, because Buddha himself stated categorically that he was not a God. He was just a man who achieved enlightenment. I think this meant that you have to let go of all your desires etc. because only then can you become enlightened. It's how you achieve enlightenment. You can't be attached to materialistic things, for example. Perhaps you should give Buddhism a go? What's the harm? Something certainly seems to be leading you to it, and Buddhism has never raised the moral issues other lifestyles have. As in the meditation aspect, maybe

attend a few classes. I answered this in the other one but you're more likely to take note here cos there aren't so many silly answers.

Source(s): Dont worry, I'm not a Buddhist and I'm not trying to convert you lol

"MAYBE"

your probleming something or busy of nonsense that stops u to pray maybe u dont pray and u forgot how to give time for praying ..