Poll: Question for 90s kids only?

Why do people post on Facebook "I'm a 90s kid looolol I watched this show remember loloolol?" and only talk about tv shows and cartoons when talking about how good the 90s were? Doesn't anyone remember anything else from the 90s?

bq: what year were you born?

Favorite Answer

Honesty, I don't even consider myself a "90's Kid". I think a 90's kid is someone who was born before the 90's. They would have been a teenager during the 90's to fully experience what it was like. The reason why people born in the 90's only remember cartoons and such is because we were too little to experience anything else.

BQ: 1991.

I know this is really late, but that's what most kids remember from the 90's. To me, I remembered when the Gameboy Color came out and the craze (from where I'm at) of getting your favorite color. Kids obsessed with collecting Pokemon cards. Some kids had tamagotchis. I remembered when we had the N64, some of the games wouldn't work, so I had to blow on the cartridge. For music, the only I thing I remembered was the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Eminem making his first appearance and starting out, etc. Sadly, I remembered the fashion......ankle boots, belly tops, crocs, low-rise and boot-cut pants (late 90's thing), large hoop earrings (another late 90's thing), etc.

BQ: 1995 :D

I was born right at the beginning of '97 and cos of this I spent a lot of my time watching cartoons and all that. I reckon that's what most people remember about the 90s because they were a kid.

I remember the millenium party in london which was wild

The butterfly clips in your hair, with lotsa tiny bits of hair in little clips

People who drew on their face in glitter

The Land Before Time

Mona the Vampire

Short sleeved tee over long sleeve

Toe rings

Nose to ear piercings (WHY)

Friends

High waisted jeans with crop tops

Britney Spears being innocent

Beanie Babies

Oasis and Nirvana

Spice Girls

S Club 7 TV show?

Back Street Boys

Videos

Flake 99s being 99p

Weird massively flaired jeans?

• mintyf

Its the same reason you get the morons saying i'm a 20th century kid. I'm proud to be 90's. I loved everything about it. Probably cause it was such and amazing experience. Music, shows, games. I thought it was just me but my younger siblings also agree that most the stuff they get to experience isn't nearly as cool. They ended up watching the shows I use to like and music I enjoy and sometimes we even pull out the old gaming systems. I don't need to announce to the world, but I'm happy I was around for that.. It's just people who think it makes them seem cooler but probably never enjoyed it to the full extent anyhow.

BQ: Before 90's. My age is irrelevant.

Yeah, I remember good music and waking up to watch great shows like Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys and Dexter's lab. I remember gas being a little over a $1 and jelly sandals. Ah...90's were the best.

BQ:1992

I remember all the cruddy (Yet strangely addicting) games of the '90s. I still have my 1996 Gameboy that I got for Christmas that year. Most "90s kids" on Facebook just want to prove that they lived through the 90s because they think it makes them look cool.

• Silver

i think the 90s cartoons and T.V shows are the best

1990 i'm happy that i was borne in the 90s

1997

• LaAn

A lot of the best shows and music came out of the 90s. A lot of stuff sucks hard when you compare it.

Better than the 80s. Saved by the Bell, baby.