Where is the best place in southern France to live?

I'm a Norwegian classical artist and I love southern France (Spain and Italy for that matter) and during the winter months it would be wonderful to have a place that's beautiful but more importantly warm! Least not any worry about shoveling snow, I've done that enough for a lifetime, hehe! Its my... show more I'm a Norwegian classical artist and I love southern France (Spain and Italy for that matter) and during the winter months it would be wonderful to have a place that's beautiful but more importantly warm! Least not any worry about shoveling snow, I've done that enough for a lifetime, hehe!

Its my understanding it's pretty warm a little more inland from Nice?
Are there any nice towns around there with a wonderful view? To get a view of the sea would be heavenly! Doesn't need to be close to any big towns or the shore (thinking about price a bit of course) but still not middle of nowhere, but panoramic views would be perfect!

A side note, I realize that views depends on the house you would get, but some areas has it more then others, right? =)

Ugh, I feel like I'm going in circles, what I really like is, warmth during winter, great views and it would be wonderful it's near a town with allot of culture and SAFE (most important of all)!

Thank you so much!
Update: Markets are so great, that really tempts me, I will absolutely look into those towns! I never considered the Mistral... I've never experienced it personally before. Thank you so much!