Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

When john blake becomes robin in the dark knight rises does that mean bruce wayne is still batman?

The Dark Knight Robin

SPOILER ALERT:

Demetri you're actually wrong. John Blake is a character in the Batman universe known as Azeael. The fact the he became "Robin" Blake does correctly point to one of two things:

1. Some major antagonist appears to force Bruce back into the Batsuit with Robin as his sidekick.

Or

2. "Robin" Blake assumes the mantle of Nightwing or indeed Azrael.

Number 2 being more likely

SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE MOVIE: I agree with a statement someone else posted on here. Bruce Wayne has finally found peace with Selina Kyle (Probably by using the Clean Slate not only to clean Selina's files, but maybe to create a new life for Bruce?). Now at the end we see John Blake inherit the Batcave, but I feel that due to the massive ceremony and statue put up for Batman, John Blake won't become batman, but maybe Nightwing (due to his name being Robin and Nightwing being the superhero name taken by the original Robin after he left Batman). I feel that the Batman character is dead, and John will take on crime as a new superhero.

Source(s): The Dark Knight Rises and my own assumptions

John Blake doesn't become Robin he becomes the new Batman. Bruce is done (so against character, I know). And also don't listen to gibbz, John Blake was never in the comics at all, he was made up for the movie. Not to mention Batman doesn't die

• Lester

Well in the ending, Alfred sees Bruce in the cafe with Selina Kyle; that indicates that Bruce has finally reached peace and has moved on with his life, so that's why he is no longer Batman.

It is implied that John Blake is Robin by the end because the lady at the end refers to him as "Robin." I personally interpreted the end where he goes into the bat-cave as him stepping into the shoes of Batman instead of just being Robin (though my friend who I watched the movie with disagreed). I came to this conclusion because in the comics Batman was replaced by a Robin, who filled in the role of Batman and became Batman (Tim Drake and Dick Grayson are examples).

Because of the statue symbolizing his heroic death, there will be no more batman. John Blake will most likely become robin or nightwing.

Christopher Nolan clearly stated that he wanted to close the batman series.

Maybe he will create Robin and bat girl movie or a nightwing movie

Who knows!

Source(s): I come from the future

No Bruce Wayne isnt Batman anymore Batman was "killed" off at the end of the movie

I think Blake becomes Batman, and Bruce becomes Mr. Kyle.

• gibbz

No, it means that he takes over as batman, in the comics, he teams up with batman, they work together for a while, batman dies, then he takes over, in the movie, wayne just leaves, and he leaves blake all of his cool shi...stuff

I don't understand why they didn't call him tim drake or even dick grayson... why John Blake? Everyone else had their real names?