Does a dental implant procedure hurt?

A couple of months ago I got my wisdom teeth removed (they were under the gums) and it wasn't too bad, but I was asleep during the procedure. My insurance covered the surgery but not the sedation and it was $1300. Well I got a root canal a while back that failed and I need a dental implant and my dentist said... show more A couple of months ago I got my wisdom teeth removed (they were under the gums) and it wasn't too bad, but I was asleep during the procedure. My insurance covered the surgery but not the sedation and it was $1300. Well I got a root canal a while back that failed and I need a dental implant and my dentist said some people want to be asleep for the procedure because its uncomfortable. I stop getting insurance when I turn 18 and once again my insurance covers everything except the sedation. Do you think it would be better to be asleep for this procedure or it should be okay to just use a local anesthetic? I still have like a year and a half to choose when I want to get it done. And I don't have any pain in the tooth that needs the implant. But I don't want to waste my mom's money!
3 answers 3