What is your stance on marijuana?

Are you for or against the legalization of marijuana? or for only medical marijuana or neither? Im curious what people out there think. I personally am for it being legal as I do like to vaporize weed to help me sleep and it helps me pay attention in school.

@Thomas I am also 17 years old except im starting my senior year. I took calculus last year in first block and went to class high almost everyday and got a 95 in the class. I actually got All As except for a B in art because I am terrible at art. I don't ever drink alcohol though because it makes me feel retarded. I understand why you dislike all drugs they are bad for your body, but they actually came with a way to extract the thc from plants and if it actually helps people why not? its better than sending them to prison

Favorite Answer

Legalize it. Have to be either 18/21. Put a heavy tax on it, which will help the economy.

Honestly all these people who say they want it legalized don't know what they are saying. Before I go further let me start by saying I hate marijuana and all kinds of drugs. Like cigarettes and alcohol, not only do they cause undeniable and unfix-able damage to your body, they are also a huge waste of money. Now back to what I was saying. Think about it, if marijuana was legalized it would undergo drastic changes. For example, the "marijuana companies" would have complete control over it. Meaning they would add all kinds of things to make it more addicting. Even further than that. They would have complete control over all sales which means no more weed dealers. Before you say ,"People would still sell it" name every tobacco dealer you know... that is what I thought. Sure maybe for a little bit it would still be sold on the streets. but eventually that will fade away and the only people making money off of it is the billionaires that own the companies (and it won't be any current drug dealers). And before you go and say,"oh hes just an old man who doesn't know how to have fun", consider the following; I am a 17 year old kid who is about to start his freshman year of college. I have tried all kinds of things including marijuana and that is why I can say in full confidence that marijuana is NOT worth it... "Oh this kid is a straight edge nerd", Nerds run the world, and you may feel cool ditching class to smoke a J, that kid who stayed in class is going to have a 6-figure salary less than a year after he graduates college, that sounds pretty cool to me. In summary, I really do not think it is the weed and the feeling it gives you that you like, it's the feeling of being a rebel and breaking the rules. Think about it, if us kids were allowed to drink alcohol and smoke weed, would we honestly do it as much as we do now? No chance. In europe they can drink whenever they want so they do not indulge in it like we do. The only reason anything should be legalized or any age-restriction should be lowered, is not because it's the right thing to do, but to make kids stop doing it.

I have never smoked marijuana and dont plan on smoking it in the future. But, i think it should be legalized so it can be taxed. Besides two of the most addicting drugs are already legal tobacco and alcohol.

Legalize it completely (18 & 21+) and make it expensive! I mean like 25$ for a gram it would definitely would make this economy better druggies will love that thy can go buy it at a a smoke shop and they can be impaired so hard that they won't worry about what their money goes to!

Source(s): Commen Sense

No legalizing until there's a way to determine levels of impairment while driving.

Ive never smoked in my life but I do believe it should be legalized. It would help the economy and also i don't believe it should be restricted.

i don't care one way or the other but if someone chooses to break the law they should not be surprised when they get caught

i think seat belt laws are useless, i don't wear one, and pay the fine when i am caught not wearing it

politicians don't care because they think they know better how my life should be controlled - useless debate

• Skye

For legalization.

• Aimé

I think it should be legalized. People should have the right to fùck up their bodies and lives if they so choose to,

I like it personali it helps me calm my stress and just be calm about everything also everything around you just seems to be great