Flowers... what flowers...?

So I observed this guy out in the gardens pushing his baby along in a baby buggy. He was there for about 30 minutes, walking in circles, but instead of appreciating the fine flowers or the fragile vessel for the spark of life he had created, he spent the whole time transfixed to his phone screen. And I... show more So I observed this guy out in the gardens pushing his baby along in a baby buggy. He was there for about 30 minutes, walking in circles, but instead of appreciating the fine flowers or the fragile vessel for the spark of life he had created, he spent the whole time transfixed to his phone screen.

And I wondered... how can you stop and smell the flowers if you don't even notice they're there?

I'm not anti-technology and I love my own phone, but don't people realise that there is a right way and a wrong way to use technology?

Here's another one who didn't notice the flowers: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/technology/g...

Your thoughts?
Update: @penguin - don't be silly, it's my job to observe others. And if I presumed to know, then I wouldn't be putting it forward as a question.