Batman dark knight rises...movie trilogy?

I heard at the end of the commercial "thrilling conclusion to the epic trilogy". How exactly is that a trilogy? Counting the movie starring Adam West based on the old TV series, isn't there something like 9 batman movies? Is it solely based on that it's the first time the same actor has played... show more I heard at the end of the commercial "thrilling conclusion to the epic trilogy". How exactly is that a trilogy? Counting the movie starring Adam West based on the old TV series, isn't there something like 9 batman movies? Is it solely based on that it's the first time the same actor has played batman three times in a row? If they are trying to separate it from the older films, does that mean there is also a break in the dc universe continuity that the older films followed? Like, is the Heath Ledger Joker supposed to be the same character as the Nicholson joker, or is it a different continuity? To me, it seems like a lame attempt to beat an already dead franchise horse. What's next? Another Superman movie? Oh wait, there it is, another supe movie coming out. But wait, this is a totally new and different superman from the older movies. Gimme a break.
7 answers 7