Red fox as pets in Australia?

As people have thought about owning a fox as a pet. In Australia i beleive u need a special licence to obtain a fox in due care to rehabilitation. As foxes/volpe are aggresive and live for the wild it would be wrong to own such a beautiful looking animal. But since the 60s there is a place in Siberia which has a... show more As people have thought about owning a fox as a pet. In Australia i beleive u need a special licence to obtain a fox in due care to rehabilitation. As foxes/volpe are aggresive and live for the wild it would be wrong to own such a beautiful looking animal. But since the 60s there is a place in Siberia which has a full base of domestic foxes which were once wild but throughout a couple of generations the Siberians have managed to breed domestic ones
. But generally show a little agresion when kitts. Within a month there aggression has gone basically. This is the only place i know of where u can obtain a real genuine red european fox or artic silver fox which has been domesticated throughout Siberian holding labotories outdoor compounding grounds. The facts are with the national geographic association. The big question is can such an animal be imported or will Australia even take place in such a program. Since the population of foxes the red european fox in Australia is limited a program most likely like the program in Siberia would not happen here in Australia. Unfornally a wild one would be too aggressive to keep and would most likely be extremely depressed and snappy.
2 answers 2