Katy asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Which halloween (Michael Myers) movie is the best?

I've seen Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, and Halloween 2: Family is Forever

Which Halloween film (out of ALL of them) would you say is best? I want to watch more!

Favorite Answer

The original 1978 version is hands down the best, as far as I'm concerned. I'd break the rest down like this:

Halloween 2 (1981) -- an average slasher flick, interchangeable with pretty much any other slasher flick of the day

Halloween 3 (1983) -- an attempt by the series' producers to move away from Michael Myers and make "Halloween" more of an umbrella title under which to produce different horror stories. I myself quite enjoyed this particular entry because it was pretty indicative of what was going on in horror films at the time. Just a whacky, demented splatter flick with the always reliable Tom Atkins chewing up the scenery.

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers -- a noble effort to recapture the feel of the first two Halloween flicks but, despite Danielle Harris' solid performance and a few suspenseful moments, overall it falls flat.

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers -- horrible. They took the most appealing actor in the movie (Harris) and made her mute, then cooked up some malarkey about a Druid cult. A slap in the face to Halloween fans, IMO.

Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers -- all I can say about this one is that it's a crying shame that this had to be Donald Pleasence's final movie (he died during production). He deserved a much better send off than this feeble mess.

Halloween H2O: Despite the dumb title (Halloween Water?), the substitute score and the conspicuous absence of Donald Pleasance, I think this is one of the better sequels. Though granted, that's not saying much.

Halloween: Resurrection -- a sad, half-assed attempt to cash in on the super popularity "reality TV" craze. Following H2O's lead they incorporated a hip hop star to drag in more demographics, but Busta Rhymes kung fu-kicking Michael Myers while shouting "Trick or treat, ************"? The Shape deserves FAR better than this turd.

Halloween '07 (aka Rob Zombie's Halloween): I'm not much for remakes but I thought this one did what a remake was supposed to do -- look at the original material from a new angle. I thought Zombie did an admirable showing us Michael Myers' early years and that Malcolm McDowell, while no Donald Pleasence, nevertheless put an interesting personal stamp on the Dr. Loomis character. Granted I could have done without every other word being "****" or some deviation thereof; not that I'm a prude, but when every character's every other word is "****" they all sound alike and you kind of get numb by it after a while. That aside, I thought Zombie did a solid job.

Halloween 2 (2009): in direct contrast to Zombie's first Halloween flick, I think he completely dropped the ball on this one. It's just a mean, nasty, ugly, depressing film to watch and was, along with Friday the 13th '09, my most hated horror film of that year. Pure crap.

And, there you go.

• spirek

Best Michael Myers Movie

My favorite in order

1.Halloween (1978)

2.Halloween 4:The Return Of Michael M

3.Halloween (2007)

4.Halloween 5:The Revenge Of Michael M

5.Halloween 6:The Curse Of Michael M

6.Halloween H20

7.Halloween 2

8.Halloween 2 (2009)

9.Halloween :Resurrection

10.Halloween 3:Season Of The Witch

Source(s): I've seen all of them

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): halloween michael myers movie best: https://shortly.im/sEBlo

Halloween 1978

Halloween 4 and 5 and 3 i think is the wackest

For me, it's a tie between the 4th and 1st one. By the way, the 3rd one is HORRIBLE and doesn't have Michael Myers in it and has nothing to do with the other movies. Don't waste your time or money on that crappy movie.

• Wendy

I prefer the Rob Zombie remakes

of the originals, I like 1 and 2

The Rob Zombie ones are my favorites. Of the earlier ones I liked 4. I also enjoyed Resurrection because of Busta Rhymes lol