Is Dana a dumb name for a guy?

Would a guy named Dana get made fun of in junior high? What do teen boys think of this name? Is it too girly? Would a guy named Dana on the wrestling team be laughed out of the gym? How about the football team? When would the teasing start, preschool?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes he would. Teen boys think it's a pretty name for a girl. It is too girly. He would either be laughed out, or molested, or both. The same goes for the football team. You're much too optimistic about the teasing. It would probably start when the baby was in the womb and you told people his name is Dana and they were like "I thought you were having a boy!" and then laugh at you and the baby when you said it was a boy. Maybe not in your face, but they would laugh. Please don't name your son Dana. Wait till you have a girl or something. There are many good boys' names. If you like the name Dana, you can choose a similar-sounding name like Dean or Dennis/Denny.

• 9 years ago

Dana is a total chick name. I feel bad for guys named Dana. And they would get made fun of most definetly

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yeah.. that's not the best name for a guy. I mean out of all the names you can choose from? I'm sure you can find another name that's more suiting for a guy and that you'll like equally. I don't mean to try and predict the future but it seems likely that he could be made fun of at any age.

• 9 years ago

For me Dana sounds more it is more suited as a girl name but it is only my opinion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I personally wouldn't name a baby boy Dana but maybe it could be a nickname for something else (i.e. Daniel?)

Source(s): Personal opinion.
  • 9 years ago

Its not terrible. But i dont think a guy would like to be names Dana. Its more for girls but like i said.. its not terrible.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

When there is a legendary comic named Dana Carvey, then it's a great name for a boy!

• 9 years ago

Yes

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yessssss a guy with that name would be made fun of non stop at any age. it is way too girly of a name and he would be laughed out of any tough guy sport. don't put your kid through that torture!!!!!

• 9 years ago

It's fine. If anyone makes fun of it, **** em!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.