Is Dana a dumb name for a guy?

Would a guy named Dana get made fun of in junior high? What do teen boys think of this name? Is it too girly? Would a guy named Dana on the wrestling team be laughed out of the gym? How about the football team? When would the teasing start, preschool?

Favorite Answer

Yes he would. Teen boys think it's a pretty name for a girl. It is too girly. He would either be laughed out, or molested, or both. The same goes for the football team. You're much too optimistic about the teasing. It would probably start when the baby was in the womb and you told people his name is Dana and they were like "I thought you were having a boy!" and then laugh at you and the baby when you said it was a boy. Maybe not in your face, but they would laugh. Please don't name your son Dana. Wait till you have a girl or something. There are many good boys' names. If you like the name Dana, you can choose a similar-sounding name like Dean or Dennis/Denny.

Dana is a total chick name. I feel bad for guys named Dana. And they would get made fun of most definetly

Yeah.. that's not the best name for a guy. I mean out of all the names you can choose from? I'm sure you can find another name that's more suiting for a guy and that you'll like equally. I don't mean to try and predict the future but it seems likely that he could be made fun of at any age.

For me Dana sounds more it is more suited as a girl name but it is only my opinion.

I personally wouldn't name a baby boy Dana but maybe it could be a nickname for something else (i.e. Daniel?)

Source(s): Personal opinion.

Its not terrible. But i dont think a guy would like to be names Dana. Its more for girls but like i said.. its not terrible.

When there is a legendary comic named Dana Carvey, then it's a great name for a boy!

Yes

yessssss a guy with that name would be made fun of non stop at any age. it is way too girly of a name and he would be laughed out of any tough guy sport. don't put your kid through that torture!!!!!

It's fine. If anyone makes fun of it, **** em!