Republicans, Mitt Romney has not even released one year of tax returns?

http://news.firedoglake.com/2012/07/18/romneys-201...

Mitt did not disclose his Swiss account and his FBAR does not match. Please read the link. This is messed up!!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mitt Romney has not released his full tax records from 2010, including key documentation connected to his Swiss bank account

Romney released his 2010 tax return in January of this year, a document that first informed voters about the existence of his Swiss bank account and financial activities in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands. But people who own foreign bank accounts are required to file a separate document with the IRS that provides additional details on such overseas bank holdings, and Romney has not released that form to the public. That form is known as a Report on Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts, or “FBAR” in accountant slang.

Romney's refusal to release any earlier tax returns could indicate not all the proper forms were filed or items in those returns could jeopardize his being elected. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

Edit: Poor Pat and Dominick don't realize that it is customary for all Presidential candidates to release their tax Returns. George Romney, MItts father, released 12 years of tax returns in his unsuccessful bid for President. Most recent Presidents have turned over 5-6 years worth of returns. Hopefully, these two trusting souls are too young to vote.

• TK
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Ron, ask Mitt if the IRS granted him tax amnesty with respect to his Swiss bank account in 2009 or any other year. If Mitt applied for federal tax amnesty, then he isn't qualified to be President of the United States of America. Don't let him get away with it, Ron.

Ron Paul 2012. Fight the Power.

Good luck in Tampa, Ron, just six weeks from now. Take the nomination away from Mitt, Ron. You CAN do it!

• Nathan
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

- But the Gentleperson's analysis above me is very astute - much like other would be candidates if something in these records jeopardizes or disqualifies it will not be released. Even Ron said he should be open and transparent - but wouldn't it be something if that disqualified him - but than it didn't for Geithner so he may be looking more quilty than warranted.

• 9 years ago

Who cares about another mans tax returns. Obviously if he did anything wrong or illegal the irs would have went after him. Worse case scenario he used loophole which is smart. Who wants to give more to a government, you don't believe in, than you have to

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I don't read Lefty Commie blogs. Demanding that he release more of his tax returns is YET ANOTHER DNC distraction from the real issues.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They don't care, Republicans ARE Mitt Romney's "help" and they accept that Mitt's finances is none of their little people business, just clean Mitt's toilets and keep your nose out of his personal business and vote for him or you will be out of a job!

• Di
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

And we have four months to go. Get a grip dear.

• He has released one year... I believe 2010

• Tom R
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

hi i agree that something is fishy. mitt was considered a candidate for vp when mccain ran in 08 but we know he picked sarah. mitt had given them several years returns and they thought sarah was a better choice. sounds like hes hiding a lot.

• Pat
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Can I read your tax returns?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.