server at 192.168.1.1 is taking too long to respond?

Have my Linksys WRT54GL connected to the internet and wanna set SSID and password but whenever I try to connect to 192.168.11.1 I get that the server is taking too long to respond. Yes, I have done ipconfig, tried from different browsers, but always get the same message. Can't get to the page at all. Any advice on how I can change SSID and password without going to the website? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

is the IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.11.1, either way the HTTP server is either broke, disabled or you have the wrong IP address. Try telnet to the IP address.

• ?

I get to the first one, but I get the same thing you get on the second one. It's an internet thing. (Is the weather bad all over the country? More people stay inside in bad weather - and play with their computers, slowing the internet down.)