Andrew W asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 years ago

what are arrangements for wheelchair-bound passengers on EasyJet?

I'm hoping to go from London to Amsterdam with an able-bodied friend. I'm in a wheelchair (double leg amputee).

Is there a surcharge on EasyJet, and do you have to inform them beforehand (like you do on the trains)?

Thanks for any answers

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Pompal
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no surcharge for you or your wheelchair and the service you receive will be excellent. You are required to inform EasyJet that you are a passenger who will require special assistance and this can be done during the booking process or later, by visiting "My easyJet" but no later than 48hrs before the departure date. In the attached, you will find a section on "How to request assistance" -

http://www.easyjet.com/en/planning/specific/index....

If you are travelling from Gatwick and check-in at North Terminal, the person at the desk will contact the special needs information people inside the departures terminal. After clearing security you (& your friend) should go straight to the information desk where you will be booked in and invited to wait, in that area, for further instructions. You will probably be the first or among the first on board the aircraft. You will be wheeled to the aircraft in your chair, maybe even on to the aircraft. A number of ground staff members will lift you into a reserved seat in one of the front rows. Your chair will then be taken and loaded into the hold. On arrival in Amsterdam the same happens, in reverse. The aircraft will be unloaded, your chair will be brought to you and you will be helped into it by ground staff.

Enjoy your trip.

• 8 years ago

There won't be any extra fees, but you will have to notify them at least 48 hours before departure. This is to allow them to make the necessary preparations.

You are allowed to bring a wheelchair onboard, but you must transfer to the onboard wheelchair from the door to your seat, as your regular wheelchair will not fit in the aisle.

The only restriction is that you are not allowed to sit in an emergency exit row.

If you booked online you can log in and go to "my booking" and add your details. If you booked through a call centre you should call them back and let them know.

Here is the link to their web page on the subject:

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_i...

• C.M. C
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Andrew, there is no surcharge with Easy Jet for you guys, and you will find you will be one of the first to board. Please advise the airline before hand. It makes life so much easier for all concerned.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.