Why does everyone associate the Confederate flag with racism?

To me and every single southerner the Confederate flag represents the south and we fly it because we love the south. Yes the confederate was for slavery but wasnt every other country in the world for it aswell? This isnt the 1800's we arent racist and the flag isnt racist and I hate it sooo much when people... show more To me and every single southerner the Confederate flag represents the south and we fly it because we love the south. Yes the confederate was for slavery but wasnt every other country in the world for it aswell? This isnt the 1800's we arent racist and the flag isnt racist and I hate it sooo much when people from up north or people who dont know history try and say that its a racist redneck kkk flag. It's not even close! this is 2012.
Update: And why do they compare it to the Nazi flag? are they truly that ignorant.