How to persuade my parent about the military?

Hey guys, this is kind of bit personal but I really need to find a way to persuade my parent about the military. My parent oppose me to go to the military in many way. I have sign up to the military already and I got one week to persuade them. Of course, I want to be part of the military as it is my dream career. I did get some advise from the recruiter to deal with my parent. But I know that they are a very hard person. To let you know I am joining the military because I know this is the opportunity and will give me a new life.

So if you guys help me to try to find a way to persuade my parent about the military. I would really appreciate for what you guy will do to me. Thank you very much.

Favorite Answer

it's gonna be all in how you frame it.

first, you have to let them know that whether they like it or not, it's their parenting that has given you that respect for the Army.

second, you have to show them that this will benefit you somehow. don't just say you want to join the Army just to join. find actual reasons. (education, skills, discipline, benefits, experience, etc)

finally, in the end you can always tell them that the decision is yours. as an adult, you can sign up yourself without their permission or blessing, but you would prefer to have them behind you on the decision.

it's not an easy argument and any parent is going to be protective of their flesh and blood. it's a natural instinct. they don't want you to get hurt. there's little to counter that argument to a parent.

i wish there was some magic words i could tell you to make them see it your way, but there's not. best of luck to you.

You don't need to persuade your parents in any way, the military is a great foundation and career choice. If they don't respect your choice to join that's there loss. Obviously they're closed minded so it will probably be difficult to do.

Learn how to ******* speak English better that's a start