Are Jehovah's Witnesses against self-defense?

Like if their life is in danger and they have to defend their life at all cost, even use violence if needed, or if there is a burglar in their house and they must protect their family. Do they just lie in wait for what is to come or do they disregard the teachings of the watchtower of non-violence in those kinds of situations?

Favorite Answer

Greetings,

While some Witnesses choose to be pacifists they are not doctrinally pacifists since they can defend themselves if attacked–depending on the circumstances. However, Witnesses will NEVER intentionally resort to killing a human even in self-defense.Their only aim is to escape or stop the attack, NOT to "beat" or harm the attacker any more than necessary. So we would never use a gun or lethal measures in self-defense.

If an attacker dies as a result of our defending ourselves we would not be considered blood-guilty because our intent was not to kill.

Yours,

BAR-ANERGES

• Sherri

Joining the military is supporting a government that Jehovah's Son Jesus was not a part of then or now. Read Daniel 2:44. Furthermore being attacked by someone is a personal defense. Hence the only thing I am supporting is my own life not what a bunch of old military adviser and their twisted agenda.

I'm sorry, I've been here for a few minutes looking for the scripture that says if somebody breaks into your house and you kill the thief, the thief, basically, gets what he/she deserve.

Edit: found it: Exodus 22:32 (“If a thief should be found in the act of breaking in and he does get struck and die, there is no bloodguilt for him. 3 If the sun has shone forth upon him, there is bloodguilt for him.)

Yet, there was a restriction on this law. If the thief gave up and was willing to go to the justice system, then you couldn't kill the thief, you had to turn him/her over to the authorities.

Today it is the same way.

the watch tower has never said that we are not to defend our selves we would not want to take the life of another person EVER.

I don't remember, but I think that the JW's are not supposed to own firearms

If you broke into my home- l will take you out, you will be riding a gurney.

Is that clear enough for you?