Should I ask for Lottery tickets on my Birthday?

I know, sounds utterly ridiculous! But I see it as just playing the Lottery, maybe have a chance of winning, but I actually don't because I want to be realistic about the Lotto system, and that's all. I'm turning 17, and I just want to see how it will work out. Does buying a certain amount of... show more I know, sounds utterly ridiculous! But I see it as just playing the Lottery, maybe have a chance of winning, but I actually don't because I want to be realistic about the Lotto system, and that's all. I'm turning 17, and I just want to see how it will work out.

Does buying a certain amount of Tickets affect the chance of winning? I don't want to waste money on a lot, so I would feel buying 10 would be a reasonable thing to do. Also, I feel comfortable with buying that much Lottery tickets.

Also, I'm only going to give money for Tickets to my sister or Mom or someone to buy them. If they choose to handle everything while I was the one to suggest I (we as well) buy Lotto tickets, then so be it. As long as an adult handles it all, and not me. I'll just be the one who wants a shot at winning the lottery for my Birthday, and that's it.

Please, no rude answers.