Kira asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

how do i grow my hair long?

(i am white even though i lurrve african curls aghhh so jelous! :D) i know i am too young to take vitamins, and i know taking the wrong one can be dangerous!

i have thick hair, i straighten it up to 2 times or 3 times a month, and it is not damaged, however IT IS VERY THICK!!! it is quite fizzy, but manageable. My hair used to be long, i found that the thickness of my hair gave it more weight, thus holding it down and stopping it from looking like a bush on top of my hair. (it did not feel heavy or weigh my head down at all) i don't know what i was thinking but i got my hair cut short. it is curly when i let it dry naturally but wavy when i brush the curls out. It is sticking out everywhere!!! the middle of last year (2011) is when i cut it and it has only grown to my shoulders! i agree that is reasonable growth, but it seems to have stopped ( that is impossible i know but it has slowed down drastically!) i hate the stage of length it is and really want a solution. i would appreciate if you told me a easy way, as i have a busy day! or maybe something i could do on the weekend just to help growth a bit. i have a lot of homework and need to study, so something that you need to make and wear for three hours a night wont help me. thank-you everybody so much!!!! <3

• Mimi
    Favorite Answer

1- Use a brush with natural boar bristles.

2- Don't braid or put your hair in a ponytail when it is still wet.

3- cut on the chemical treatments such as bleaching, perms, coloring or highlighting.

4- Minimize heat styling with things such as hot combs, hair dryers and curling irons.

5- Although the best thing to do, is to avoid using heat styling, it is still important to dry your hairs roots after

washing it.

6. Maintain a healthy diet - Eat eggs/meat/ fruits/vegetables/etc

7. Keep it trimmed

8-Massage the scalp - It helps the circulation going on your head

9. Don’t wash your hair every day

10. Comb after wash it - Dont Brush it

11. Always Use Heat Protectant when heat styling.

12- use a deep conditioner once a week

13- apply Moroccan oil or Argan oil on your hair every night before you go to sleep (They can be found in pretty much any store)

14- brush it once everyday to get the natural oils from your scalp to your hair so it makes it more healthier

15- Wash your hair with a Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner

16- Do braids in your hair before going to sleep, it helps with the growing process

17- Home remedies could also help.

18- Never use elastic bands to secure hair unless they have fabric covering them.

I'm actually in the same boat haha. But I notice with my hair it started to grow recently and it's growing fast. I think everyone hair has a certain time period when it will grow fast again. But until it's your time getting you dead ends off will help it grow. Dead ends stop your hair from growing. Washing your hair every other day is one too because washing your hair everyday stripes it's natural oils which helps its grow. Air dye as much as you can heat damages your hair. Also taking basic vitamins help. Since I'm a teenager I take teen one a day and since I have my hair been growing. I hope this helps some:)

Try a hot oil(olive, castor, coconut) massage.

Layer your hair to stop it from weighing you down, I kind of had the same problem, but my hair but wavy-straight. Layering my hair helped.

As far as supplements, don't. just eat good colourful foods ie healthy stuff.

This may help..

Use moroccan oil to condition.

Stay away from heat appliances.

Don't colour your hair, this weakens it.

Use a hair mask.

Tieing your hair in a low ponytail at night.

Source(s): Me :) Internet:)

Well you don't seem like you put alot of heat damage to your hair, but stay away from blowdrying and straightening for awhile. and theres plenty of products you can leave in your hair to help it to grow, like hair masques, hot oil treatments, etc that you dont have to really make yourself ^.^ you can leave that in your hair while your doing your homework or studying haha and wash out after if your hair is damaged it helps alot. Eat healthy, and not all vitamins are dangerous UNLESS you overdose, having to much of anything is bad for you. I'm currently taking the pills, 'Hair, skin, and nails' and its helped a bit :) I heard the shampoo and conditioner 'Mane and Tail' is suppose to help healthy hair growth but it hasn't done much for me but does leave my hair smooth. My hair is naturally frizzy/curls because I am mixed. goodluck!

Source(s): Personal experience, trying to grow my own hair out longer after a bad haircut!

You can use morrocon oil but its quite expensive,it really works you can use that like once a week or once in two weeks..

Other than that you can use Olive oil..thats what i use and my hair is long till my waist.

Source(s): i am a girl

Trim your hair once a month and do lots of deep conditioning!

simple use sunslik!.