Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Cartilage piercing problems?

So a little over a month ago I went in and got my double helix piercing done. I cleaned it and tried to take good care of it, but now I'm experiencing some problems. I think that the piercings have become infected. The top piercing is giving the the most problems. The back of it is bright red and it looks like there's a small boil right above the post. I take the back off to get better access when cleaning (dabbing with tea tree oil) and a lot of reddish yellow pus comes out. Tonight, the enitre earring came out on accident and I quickley shoved it back in. Was this bad? could removing the backs when I clean the earrings be causing more irritation than I already had before?

The second piercing isn't nearly as bad, but I'm really worried it is starting to go the same way as the first one. It has a yellow looking pus pocket on the outside.

Any advice would be majorly appreciated. I'm starting to get concerned and I really have no idea what to do. By the way, I had them both done professionally by a needle.

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

It sounds like theybare getting infected. Try using non iodized salt and water mixed and put it in a spray bottle and spray it on use a q tip and clean around it. If it gets worse I would suggest taking out the top one that way u r able to keep the lower one. I got my double helix pierced and it got infected so I ended up taking them out that way I didnt have huge bumps forever. Double helix's are very difficult to keep clean when both are done at the same time. Good luck. Email me for more help! Madi_mac@yahoo.com