Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

How to have a fluid one motion shot?

Some of my friends say I "Pause" a little bit in my shot. I'm an extremely effective shooter, and some of my friends say I don't pause.. I don't understand. Even If I do pause a little bit is it bad? I watch NBA players shoot and most of them pause a little bit when they shoot. However, I would rather have my shot be "fluid" so if my shot indeed has a hitch I need to change it. Any reccomendations?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Who cares what your friends say,just do what your comfortable with.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Practice. Practice. Practice. You need to remind yourself that it is ONE motion. It starts in your toes, up through your legs, to your hips, back, arm, wrist, all the way up to your finger tips. It'd be best if you could try and fix it, but if that shot works for you, keep it. The only reason you should want to change your form is if it is inconsistant or you can't seem to hit hardly anything. Here is a great video to help you with form:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkQkxJFZr2M&feature...

Also, remember the acronym: B.E.E.F.

Have a BALANCED stance, feet shoulder width apart. Keep your ELBOW tucked in at a 45 degree angle. Keep your EYES on the basket. And have a solid, high follow thru.

Remember to practice this every day, and it'll only be a matter of time before you start seeing results. I wish you luck!

Source(s): Youtube and personal experience
  • 9 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veEm8zRxROc

This is how to shoot. Also cp3 and others pause even more.

In case you're blind, allen does a quick pause.

• 9 years ago

once you shoot more and are comfortable with your form your release will speed up

i used to be the same way

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.