Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it haram to text the one you love? *Muslims only*?

I've known this girl for a few months now, and we love each other alot hamduallah. We're afraid if were doing a sin because it says that a guy and a girl alone in a room can't talk because shaytan comes between them. We havn't met yet but were planning on getting married. We only text and i promised her with all my heart i wont talk bad, sex, sexting etc.. and i know i wont let shaytan come between us because i know my limits and won't do anything like that to her because i love her. Is it still haram? It also says you need to communicate with the ones you love to get to know them. Am i doing anything bad?

Update:

I'm a muslim who tries to pray 5 times a day hamduallah and im a really good person.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Love for one another comes from God. But fear of shaytan is something we as believers in God should let go. There is no fear in God and he has not given you a spirit of fear. You can never be perfect and you will always make mistakes here and there but God is love. He just wants your heart. If you haven't slept with her and you are keeping yourselves pure that is all that you need to be concerned with.

Then when you get married love each other with all your hearts and be patient with each other. Marriage is work and with God in the middle you can have a successful marriage.

God bless you!

But you do need to at least meet her in person. You need to know each other before you get married.

• 9 years ago

I do not see any reason why it should be. There is no physical contact and as long as you keep the conversation "clean", I don't see a problem. However, it probably depends on the sect. The Wahhabi or Salafi would probably think it IS haram, but they think everything is haram anyway. The more liberal sects should not be so bad and if you are in the US, they do tend to be more liberal unless you are in a very conservative community.

Blessings on your Journey!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Depends on the intentions and it seems you guys text each other just to chat. In that case, you should not text her. If you plan on marrying her then contact her parents and tell them of your intentions.

• Debe L
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

If you're texting her, are you letting others read those texts? Or are you two "alone" when you're texting. Looks like you're sneaking around hiding it. I'd say you're in trouble with Allah. Be careful. You know he doesn't like being lied to even though he allows Muslims to lie to others if it serves their evil purposes. I'm sure glad Jesus Christ of the Bible already paid for all my sins on the cross.

Jesus said, "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins." (John 8:24)

Source(s): Bible
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

sex is not a bad thing. where did you get this idea? it was given to you by your upbringing. without sex you would not exist. if sex is bad then the intended product of sex, babies, must be bad and dirty, too. of course, they are not. is texting this girl against Islam? it could be said that it is. Is texting this girl ACTUALLY wrong? No, not at all. text away.

Source(s): i come from a muslim family
  • 9 years ago

No, my Islam friend texts me on a daily basis.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I heard shaytan is textually transmitted.

• 9 years ago

Ask in the ramadan section.

Source(s): most people here aren’t Muslims.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

haHAha,

"i love her"

"we haven't met yet"

hahaha

note: go ahead and text, mohammad dude (PB&J) and the allah thing, do not get cel service and can't tell if you're texting.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

islam is a false religion

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.