Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

Why does my vision go black?

So I am 13 years old, and I've noticed something since about winter of 2011.....well, everytime I get up, my vision goes black and I get light headed. But that happens to everyone, right? But, it happens if I get up or just walk really. I get so light headed. I told my mom about this, and she just said, "Oh, your probably getting up too fast!" but I get up really, really slow. Like, I sit up in bed and then get up. It's so strange. Once, I was getting up from my couch and I felt the air just pushing me down. I fell down in the hallway, kind of like criss-cross. My dad was in front of me and I didn't completely faint. I have never fainted. I think it all started one day at an antique shop with my mom. Like, everything ws going black and I just sat on the carpet. I couldn't hear anything or see anything. And i needed to throw up. Almost. So I went outside, but it was awful. I get that feeling all the time. During the day, when I'm just sitting in bed and my mom calls me to the steps to grab my dinner, I have to grip the wall to stop from falling. By the way, I eat breakfast and dinner so I don't understand why I'm like this. Lots of water too. Please help? :)

I really need help! Please????!?!??

Favorite Answer

Your blood pressure it low. And yeah, it happens to a lot of people. Try getting up slower to make sure you don't lose your balance. And to help get rid of it, drink more water throughout the day. Next time you are at the doctor you might want to mention it just so they know.

Source(s): I have that too