Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Suspended license in California?

I'm 20 years old got pulled over and charged with driving under 21 with more then .01 bac on pas device. It was only an infraction I blew at .032. This happened over 3 months ago still haven't heard anything about it ticket isn't in the system, but if i pull up my driving record on dmv it says my license is suspended or revoked. But my insurance never got canceled or dropped it is still valid. Doesn't make sense to me can someone explain whats going on?

Also will this affect me buying a car from a dealership that I need to finance? I can get insurance on the car

Favorite Answer

Getting a suspended license does not affect your insurance. The insurance company is happy to keep taking your money when you can't drive.

If the officer followed the law, when you blew over .01% he served you with a notice of suspension on behalf of the DMV and took possession of your driver's license. He then gave you a temporary license, valid for 30 days. You should have thereafter gotten a notice of suspension from the DMV and information on how to request a hearing. (Veh C 13388.) None of this requires a citation for violating Veh C 23136 (under 21 driving at .01% or over), it is purely administrative action by the DMV.

If this did not happen, you should contact an attorney who specializes in DMV actions to see if you can get the suspension set aside for any reason. If it did happen and you just ignored it, then there is little you can do. Your license has been suspended for a year. You could buy a car, but you cannot legally drive it off the lot.

Source(s): 35+ years as a criminal defense attorney

Insurance companies don't automatically revoke your insurance coverage under these circumstances. If they do a routine check of your record, they will learn of it and probably jack up your rates. If the DMV web site says that your license is suspended or revoked, you had better call someone right away, as you are driving illegally. If you happen to be stopped before you get it resolved, your license will get yanked on the spot.

you may desire to observe for one on the DMV in Ohio. indoors the era in-between you will have the skill to desire to return to a determination your using themes in California. interior the adventure that your license replaced into suspended through very fact of wonderful fines and tickets, then you definately somewhat could desire to desire to pay them so which you will have the skill to get an entire license in Ohio or diverse state. interior the adventure that your license is suspended through very shown fact which you racked up the criteria, then you definately somewhat observe for the limited license and observe for an entire one on a similar time as the suspension is up. in case you do get a limited license, you may desire to in trouble-free words bypass to college, paintings, and homestead and nowhere else.