Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does this guy sound...datable, I guess that's the right word?

There's a guy friend of mine that I'm interested in. He does have his flaws but I do like him. Here's some of his qualities and things he does for me:

~Friendly

~Kind/nice

~Funny (sort of perverted but I don't mind.)

~He listens to my problems and offers his advice.

~He sees when I'm frustrated or sad, and he'll try to help or get me to smile.

~I usually get a hug from him every day (during school).

~He would talk to me about my ex-boyfriend (I'm over him, obviously.)

I've been there to listen to his problems and help. Like after his mother died, I would try to help any way I could. I always talked to him and gave him advice when he needed it.

Some 'flaws' of his I know of:

~He smokes (I have too actually. I'm done with it though. My parents smoke as well, so I don't mind.)

~He drinks too. I don't know how much. I don't think heavily.

That's all I know. I'd have to ask one of my other friends if there are any more.

So, whaddya think?

Favorite Answer

how old are you guys.. \

drinking is a key thing he might turn into an alcoholic as his parents are gone i bet hes sad..

1st any guy that listens to me is a keeper... 2nd to be there and listen about an ex bf wow thas off the charts as a cardinal rule guys never talk about exes and neither should you as.. it turns them off. ok its drama so kudos to him . if he drinks daily hes an addict.. if he gets drunk when he does drink hes an addict..

but if he has a beer and stops after he knows the difference then ok . if he does hard liquor beware

i made a mistake of falling for a guy just like this . i knew he drank when we went out but I never suspected an addict of booze..i said tho to myself i can always break up with him but I couldnt as i loved him and wanted to help him.. he was later he got abusive altho he was kind sweet listened.. I regret it now but who knows.. i say give him a break and give him a try

He is datable. Just when u r dating get him to quit smoking and drinking. My dad was an alcoholic and drank his way out of my life and my grandparents all died before I went into kindergarten because of smoking. He is going to slowly kill himself.

yeah he is dateable :) seems like a nice enough guy :) Good luck :) x