Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

How come not that many people grow their hair long anymore?

Favorite Answer

people want to be "cool".

i have long hair and not to brag but i get a lot of compliments on it and so i think long hair is pretty.

Maybe because they don't want to deal with long hair. Or they could be impatient. But I've still seen alot of people around my area who have long hair. I'm growing mine out long.

I'm currently growing my hair out! Ha ha. But I think it's a little bit more "in" right now to look more mature and sophisticated; a little more put-together, maybe. Shorter hair tends to give off a more mature look to anyone, where long hair will generally make you look a little more youthful.

It is probable because people do not want to take the time to do long hair. Short hair is easier to take of.

I have been a licensed, practicing cosmetologist for 37 years +.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): education and experience

Long hair can be hard to manage especially if you're impatient or in a rush! I keep my hair shoulder-lengthed, so it doesn't look too tomboy nor girly girl. Go for whatever you like, long hair is pretty too!

Most people cannot grow long hair because of breakage from heat styling and dying.

I keep my hair long. Some people cut it cuz it's too hot outside.