Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 9 years ago

Why can't I eat meat now?

I have always eaten meat. As long as I can remember. I'm a 28 year old female. I recently in the last few months have been getting sick when eating meat such as steak and hamburgers... For example, tonight at dinner, my husband grilled steaks, well I ate a few bites of my food and then out of no where I started getting sick. Usually I get naucious after eating meat but tonight it went to a new level. Why am I getting sick now??

Favorite Answer

I worked with a lady who would get sick when she ate meat. She said that she was allergic to it. Maybe you've developed an allergy to animal flesh.

If you want to test this out, make sure the meat is fully cooked the next time you eat it, and see how you feel afterwards. If you still feel sick, then I would either become a vegetarian or call your doctor.

I think there is a medical problem there and would be worth a ring to see, as if you are not eating meat you will be missing out on numerous proteins.

I will not say check for pregnancy as I am sure you will know that.

Dune

Darn, I feel for you because I absolutely love a grilled steak.

The meat may not be cooked all the way..

In these last few months, that meat's been making you nauseous, have you gotten your period?