Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 years ago

My mom complains all the time?

About everything. Every time I have friends over, she even complains how "her life is so hard" to them. I can't even talk to her about anything without her complaining about something. It's driving me insane. Every little thing I say, she turns it around and complains about something. I feel like I'm such a negative person now because of her and I'm going to grow up just like her. & every time I'm around her my mood drops to a zero and I'm just depressed. She's not the only person with problems in this world. I even think about making her talk to a therapist! I'm only 15 years old she shouldn't be putting everything on me

It must suck to have her complain when people are over. My mom would never do that because she doesn't want people knowing our business. However, my mom complains too. About how everything is so expensive and how hard it was for her after my dad died (when I was 7). I just let her. I bet when you complain about things that seem relatively pointless to her (you must do it about school or whatever, right?) she hates it as well. Just let her vent. In my mom's case, there's really no one else she can talk to. And your annoyance at her will prevent you from doing the same with your children, as you'll probably want to spare them from your ramblings as an adult. Or as least that's what I'll do.

You Know moms always complain but there are phases like the menopause, when she stops haVing her period, when she may get sick or depressed

try to talk to her and do things with her, and help at doing the chores

the more you get her friend, the less she'll complain

Source(s): life, my dearest (im 13 YO, it happened to me, but we're closer know, and she stopped complaining)

She is probably going through a rough time in her life. I know it's hard but try to be their for her. Or try talking to her about this problem.