Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 9 years ago

Should a girl who is 5'4", weighs 125 lbs be wearing shorts/skirts?

I usually don't show my legs because I feel like they look too fat, but I'm be going to Florida in a week and it's going to be way to hot to being jeans or sweats. I don't know...should I wear shorts and skirts? I'll probably slap on a sunless tan so they don't look too pale...

• Tara
    Favorite Answer

Listen girl, there are people who weigh 160 pounds and the same height as you and they still wear short shorts, bikinis, and skirts!

I'm almost the same as you- I'm 5'4 and I weigh 122. I feel like my thighs are kind of fat too so I avoid wearing short shorts but I'm just insecure about my weight/body. I usually just wear bermuda shorts, mid-bermuda shorts (found at Kohls usually), capris, or knee length skirts. As long as you're comfortable, you should be okay!

Alot of people come to Florida from the Northern states so ur not gonna be the only one with pale legs. Also if you staying by the beach then you should get tan! And your never to fat to wear some short! It dosent matter, no one will notice (:

Source(s): My briannn

Yes!! Wear shorts!! You are beautiful and not fat. Also, don't worry about looking pale, because YOU WILL GET TAN WITH IN A MATTER OF DAYS! If you are uncomfortable with your legs (which you shouldn't be), consider wearing capris or some other longer short.

• Erin

Having been that size myself, both height and weight, I wore a 5/6 depending on the brand of jeans. Something VERY important to keep in mind that "juniors" sizes run smaller than "ladies/missy" or "regular" sizes, as do "petite" sizes. Don't get discouraged if try on a size 4 in "juniors" and they don't fit! Go to a larger size in the "juniors" or try the "ladies/missy" or "regular" size. Something else I have learned, if you go into a department store and buy a blouse that is a medium and it fits, it might not be a medium that fits at a store like "Hollister". I hate to say it, but it is like that store (among others....) cater to the "itty bitty" people. I bought an XL sweatshirt there and it is a bit snug. Like I said, all brands run different and many juniors smaller than "regular". Before you buy anything you can't try on before purchasing (especially from on-line...) know your exact wieght, hieght, inseam, waist, measurement around your bust, hips and arm length. That will help you to better purchase the correct sizes. DON'T GET HUNG UP ON A NUMBER OR SIZE!!!! I am currently 5'5" @ 130lbs and am wearing a size 6 in one brand, but an 8 in another! All brands are different in the same sizes. Very important to try things on. Also, take into consideration whether or not the site you are purchasing from offers any kind of refund exchange policy and what the shipping on any returned items are. That could get expensive. For the first time shopping after such an amazing weight loss, you really should go to a store so you can try things on and really get an idea of what is going to fit and look good on you. Then, once you are comfortable with a size and have an idea of how the different brands run size wise, purchase on-line. A tailor can be your freind too! If something "fits" but is just a little off (i.e. too long, needs taken in around the waist, more room at the bust, but the sleeves are fine....) you can get a custom fit just to you and it really isn't that expensive. Congrats on your weight loss! ;)

Yes. It's going to be too hot if you wear pants or jeans in Florida. I'm a bit shorter than you and it's fine. Look for shorts that fit well on you. :) Go ahead!

• Paula

Absolutely! I'm 5'4 and I'd love to be back down to 125 (I'm in the low 130s). Yours is a good average weight and it's nothing to be self conscious or ashamed of.

I wouldn't waste money on spray tan either but that's just me.

You are not too fat. Take what you have and work it. Confidence is key. If you put it in your mind that you look good, no one can tell you otherwise. I'm sure your a beautiful girl! Have fun and stay cool!

Don't worry about your legs; enjoy your vacation!

125 isn't that bad. Get into shorts. If you really feel like people will think of you as fat think about how you will probably never see them again. I hope this helps. :)

You wear what you want. People are always going to have opinions on everyone else regardless if size, gender, race etc. You shouldn't be forced to cover up because you feel like people are going to judge. People always judge.

Just say "who cares" and do what you want =)

of course you should! who cares what other people think. You are beautiful no matter what. If you want to wear shorts, WEAR SHORTS don't worry about what other people are going to think!