Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 9 years ago

What should i do before my tongue piercing?

Hey there everyone,

Next week im going to get my tongue pierced and im a little afraid because of the pain after. Tho most say the piercing its self doesnt hurt would it be alright to take a tylenole (regular or extra strength) be smart to take about an hour before? Also is there any information i should be aware of or what not? Please put as much detail as possible and thank you for your time.

Sincerly,

Ciara

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

DO NOT take ANYTHING before you get your tongue pierced. And yes you will be able to brush your tongue after getting it pierced. In fact, to avoid an infection, it is highly recommended that you brush your tongue along with rinsing with either non-alcoholic mouthwash or a sea salt rinse.

Don't take anything like Advil or Tylenol, ever, before any sort of piercing or tattoo. It thins your blood. Then, when the piercer pierces you, guess what? Blood everywhere. Not something you want, and trust me, the piercer will be pretty pissed, too. You can bring some Advil or something for AFTER the piercing, yes. But never before.

And you don't need to brush your tongue...the piercer will wash your tongue properly with a solution they have at the shop. And you must brush your tongue while it's healing.

Really, you don't need to do anything before getting your tongue pierced. I mean, you can stock up on soup and whatnot to eat after, and of course eat a bit before the piercing so you don't get light-headed. But in the end, there's nothing to do. Just be calm. A tongue piercing is not that painful and really not that bad.

• 9 years ago

Make sure you eat just before getting the piercing. You will not be able to eat for a while. Also use your toothbrush to brush your tongue after you eat (before the piercing) because you will not be able to do it for several days. Take Tylenol about 30 minutes before the piercing because you will have pain afterwards.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.