Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Cody asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

How to not get tired in football practice?

I have football practice and I get tired easy. I am a football offencive tackle and defensive tackle. They drill me alot and I get tired easily. I need tips on how not to get tired fast especially during 5 minutes sprints and the 20 minutes run

Favorite Answer

You make sure that you are well conditioned

before practice starts up.. You can't expect to perform well if you only condition when practice starts up... Good luck...

Ha I Was Started Offense And Defensive All Of My Games And i Played OT And DT. I Was Jr Coach For Lineman And Heres Some Little Tips, When You Run Dont Go As Fast As You Can But Keep A Pace So You'll Finish With The Others, If You're Finished With The Running And They're Starting Your Hitting Drills Dont Put Every Ounce Of Strength You Have Into One Of Your Teammates But Instead Use Enough So You Wont Look Like A Chump But Use Enough So You Can Keep Going At It. Good Luck!

Source(s): Same Positions

Work out all year long....or at least start working out 2 months before season starts. drink pedialyte during and after practice....stay away from energy drinks. If you can get in a extra session of wild sprints earlier in the day or a hour or so after practice that helps your body and mind in getting use to it with a lot less fatigue. Positive thoughts like yeah all this running is making me into a sack machine or on the OL say I have to protect my whimpy QB so we can win games. LOL. I always jogged home after every practice just under 2 miles ...but then again I was a OLB that didn't carry any extra weight like a lot of linemen do. Good luck on your season anyways.....

• Cu Tie

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this (and every) offseason is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will greatly improve your speed, strength, and stamina, as well as your chances of becoming a successful offensive/defensive tackle in football.

Bring some energy drinks,like gatorade, powerade, or some sort of granola bar. And also your body might not be used to football practices so therefore it gets tried. But it WILL get used to it the more you do it!

• Riles

I have had the same problem (although, to be honest, it was on my Cross Country team, not football) and I think that conditioning will be the best way to solve it.

If your a lineman, a member of the fat kids club, there is no way to not get tired. If you are not getting tired, then you are NOT working hard enough. Just sayin.

Source(s): Im a member of the fat kids club.
  • Ben

dont try so hard, coast it