Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

After I wake up from lap band surgery, what will my pain level be like?

will I feel pain after I wake up from the surgery?

why do they discharge patients the same day usually?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your pain will be minimal. At worst maybe a dull ache where the doc inserted his laproscopic instruments. You will be blown away at how good you feel and will be equally surprised at how little you can eat.

The best and most important thing you will do for yourself is walk, walk walk. That will relieve you of any gas that will still be in your abdomen as well as lessen the chance of a blood clot or heaven forbid, or getting pneumonia.

More than likely you will be discharged from the center or hospital the same day. Just remember that you did have surgery and that you were under general anesthesia. Give your body some time to heal.

Source(s): I had RNY gastric bypass 14 years ago and went from 500 lbs to 160. I also worked for my surgeon for several years, ran support groups and worked at a local hospital as the Bariatric Coordinator. Check out my website concerning weight loss surgery. www.mygastricbypass.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.