? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Does green tea still burn calories and boots your metabolism if its sweetend and/or flavored?

I know that green tea boosts your metabolism and burns calories. But no one ever says anything about it being "sweetend or not". If i put surgar in my green tea will it still boost my metabolism and burn calories? same with (flavored and sweetend) bottled green tea? someone please help me out!..

• Miaka

You realize that sugar spikes your glucose levels in your blood and it has calories. Aka it's negating the benefits you are trying to get. If you want to sweeten with something do Stevia. It's all natural and it's zero calories. Also yes the bottled green teas are bad for you. So many artificial sweeteners/sugars and preservatives. They have flavored green tea bags. Get those.

well even though it will probably taste better unfortunately it is a little bot counter productive just because if you are doing this to lose weight than the extra sugar will totally negate your efforts... im sorry:(