Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Does green tea still burn calories and boots your metabolism if its sweetend and/or flavored?

I know that green tea boosts your metabolism and burns calories. But no one ever says anything about it being "sweetend or not". If i put surgar in my green tea will it still boost my metabolism and burn calories? same with (flavored and sweetend) bottled green tea? someone please help me out!..

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Miaka
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You realize that sugar spikes your glucose levels in your blood and it has calories. Aka it's negating the benefits you are trying to get. If you want to sweeten with something do Stevia. It's all natural and it's zero calories. Also yes the bottled green teas are bad for you. So many artificial sweeteners/sugars and preservatives. They have flavored green tea bags. Get those.

• 9 years ago

well even though it will probably taste better unfortunately it is a little bot counter productive just because if you are doing this to lose weight than the extra sugar will totally negate your efforts... im sorry:(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.