Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

He called me buddy, but I thought he liked me? Anyone welcome to answer, but guy's thoughts would be best. ?

I like this guy and I thought he liked me too. He always engaged with me in conversation, approaching me first, always starting the conversation. He sang the "Call Me Maybe" song to me, and was always smiling and blushing at me. We were carrying on a conversation for about an hour the other day, consisting of anything from books to our political views. It seemed we were clicking, and he kept smiling and blushing and making eye contact with me, but then, when he left with his family, he said "see you later, buddy!"

That seems to me like he just friend-zoned me.... But we were hitting it off! What do you think this means?

Favorite Answer

Maybe he;s afraid that you might not like him the he does, so he's just being cautious.

that or it means nothing. Try not to look for a hidden meaning in everything, just cause he called you buddy doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't like you :)

I call a lot of people buddy or just make up random nicknames. i really wouldn't worry about it, it sounds like he likes you!

Lots of guys talk like that

I call my gal - Kid. Or other pet names that are cool or cute.