w asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

would semi-permanent dye permanently cover blonde hi-lights?

Hi

I naturally have light brown hair that I had dyed dark brown with a semi-permanent at a salon. They also gave me a little bit of blonde high-lights that are looking awful now. I want to grow out my hair out and return to my natural hair color in the process.

I was wondering if the high-lights are gong to be covered if I was to dye over all my hair with a semi-permanent light brown that is similar to the washed-out shade I have right now (a month and a half from the date of services mentioned above). I don't want to dye over with a permanent since it would be very difficult to match to my natural shade and I would likely need to re-dye once a substantial amount of natural roots will show. I am also unsure if the high-lights are going to show through the semi-permanent once the overall color will start to wash out. I was hoping they will keep all the color because they are so blonde and not show through even when the dye starts to match my natural shade.

What should I do? Semi-permanent or permanent dye? I don't trust salons very much so I wanted to ask here before going anywhere.

thank you

Hi

Highlights becoming darker is fine with me, as long as they are not lighter and visible because it looks like a bird took some nice thick splats all over my hair in an obvious halo about an inch and a half from the roots.

• one
    Favorite Answer

The semi dye will stain the highlighted hair and last for a week or two longer than the box says but will wash out eventually. Just reapply the dye when needed.

Hope This Helps.

Good-Luck!!

Why do no longer u in simple terms ask your stylist for some organic lowlights..fairly than risking demise your hair. specific they are going to be everlasting yet as long as they're in simple terms organic then they are going to combination in with something of your hair as quickly because it grows out.

It's not going to fade to the same color, but it will fade darker. Your hair will still have different tones, just not blonde ones.