Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

a
Lv 4
a asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 9 years ago

Allergic to earrings ?

So I'm allergic to nickle and my skin gets all messed up when I wear my earrings. I heard that coating them with clear nail polish helps. I asked my sister but didn't have any clear coat. If I used a regular color like red, would it still be effective?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Adele
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Allergy to earrings, known as allergic contact eczema is an allergy that affects approximately 10% of the population. It is produced by some metals, particularly nickel, which has great capacity for penetration through the skin, as so many people are sensitive to it. If you are allergic to nickel, probably also necklaces, bracelets, buckles, watch, etc.., Containing it will cause eczema.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.