a
a asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 9 years ago

Allergic to earrings ?

So I'm allergic to nickle and my skin gets all messed up when I wear my earrings. I heard that coating them with clear nail polish helps. I asked my sister but didn't have any clear coat. If I used a regular color like red, would it still be effective?

• Adele
    Favorite Answer

Allergy to earrings, known as allergic contact eczema is an allergy that affects approximately 10% of the population. It is produced by some metals, particularly nickel, which has great capacity for penetration through the skin, as so many people are sensitive to it. If you are allergic to nickel, probably also necklaces, bracelets, buckles, watch, etc.., Containing it will cause eczema.