Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 years ago

Would this be considered social anxiety or what?

This has been bothering me for a long time but growing up I wasn't allowed to go to sleepovers and hang out with friends over the weekend so I've always felt left out and like, well, a loser so to speak. Now I'm in my 4th year of college and all the way through I've had trouble making friends and hanging out. I'm an attractive girl, bright smile and very charming but when it comes to that "Hey girl let's hang out" moment I get so nervous. I feel as if I dont fit in because I was never used to hanging out with girls. I don't party, go to clubs or anything but I LOOK like the type bc of how I dress and makeup and carry myself which means I attract those kind of girls who want to be my friend. I'd love to be friends with them but I never fit in. Could it be social anxiety or just a case of how I was raised? It just seems hard to find and be friends with girls who are more on the introverted side like me but still enjoy girly girl things

It is the pattern u think u need to create as a mechanism for not being sociable. Break that pattern,the moment is a past moment and doesn't exist,so their isn't an excuse.you can prioritize your destiny anyway you wish in most situations. Do what is beyond what you expect from yourself.peace.

Source(s): I am the same exact way,but I'm a guy,lol. But for different reasons(prior military,where I grew up,what I know about the govt etc).

Yea im just like yoi I think it was the way they raised us that made us get social anxiety me and my sister haved it we could never go nowhere and now when it comes to going out I get nervous to and just bail out sucks and my sister died from cancer a while back so its just me in this world so idk what ima do now :(

you're .normal....we all feel like that one time or another...some just feel it a little more...smile