Is 17 still considered young?

I am 16 and going to be turning 17 in a couple of months and I was just wandering is 17 is still considered young because 17 sounds a little old to me and I don't want to turn 17 because of that reason. How young or old does the age 17 sound to you and is it considered young or old?

• Favorite Answer

When you are in your 50's and looking back, will you have considered yourself to be young at age 17? Yes. So much will happen when you are an adult that you will look back at age 17 as part of your youth.

I'll be 17 in September and I think it all matters on you see it. I'm the oldest out of all of my friends so when I am with them I feel old but at home I am the youngest (I have an older brother) and I get babied all the time so I feel young. Someone whose like 5 will end up thinking you're super old but a 60 year old is going to think you're super young.

I;m sorry, but I'm almost sick to my stomach right now!...please please reconsider this! babies r wonderfu,l but what could you possibly know about a baby at 17? ..yes you love, feed, shelter and put clothing on their backs , that's hard work ,but that's not all either.... children will also need guidance and advice..Have u ever seen teen mom on mtv!? Half of those young girls did not realize how hard it is to raise a baby and like others said u have'nt been with him that long, it seems long but it's really not and ppl do change when change occurs and having a baby changes everything..It puts a lot of stress on you whether u believe it or not and most young boys do not want to be tied down with a baby, he will most likely leave u after he figures out what he's gotten himself into...You wanted an answer and this is my advice, plz plz wait and make sure u are financially stable and finish your schooling, give your baby all you can , don't short change him...It's hard going to school, working and taking care of a baby...Sit down and think about something else for now, like finishing school and getting into a college and finding a great job , then possibly a family..DON"T BE A STATISTIC!!!

17 is very young. Think about it, say '78' years. Each of those seventy eight years is one year. You think 5 years is a long time? Add it up! 17 is extremely young, you're not a child anymore but you are still young, not even considered an adult yet because you're not 18 yet. :)

Its young......but 17 years on the planet is a long time...but as in age its young. You are pretty much young til 40....so people say I think someone is old when they reach late 50's

ill be 17 in september and well it all depends on if it sounds old or young. i think it is a young age but it is old enough to show that im becoming an adult.it all depends on ur perpective

• Ann

yes. i mean it all depends on the person and the lifestyle they lead. some people are driving before they even turn 16, just waiting to get their license so it can be legal, and are taking care of themselves almost fully. when one day turns over you don't just wake up and be old because your age has changed, you know? you've merely had more time to learn, if you wanted to, and discover, how to be mature.

I'm 18 and according to my mom I'm 'young' as have to be home by 10

Of course its young! People in school are young, if your not old enough to retire, you are young!

If you are immature, then it's young. If you act like an adult, then yes its old.