Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 9 years ago

how do you stop smoking weed?

So, I'm 16. And I've been smoking weed since i was about 11. Pretty much an everyday thing. But recently I got into a tough spot where I can't get it as often do to money and such. But I noticed that I always get these really bad headaches when I can smoke every day. And last time I smoked about a day ago, I had an asthma attack. And ever since, my right upper side has been hurting every time I breathe. I've gotten to the point now where I just wanna stop. Someone please help me??

Favorite Answer

ya i agree with last post. its weed man. ive been smoking for 13 years now im 28 and still do to this day. but ive had periods where i dont have it for a few weeks at a time, and i could care less. i hate people that give weed a bad name by making it consume their life. its not crack or alcohol, its pot man its not addictive unless you train yourself to think so.

first of all, everyone needs to stop being so hard on this kid. anything in this world can be addictive, especially drugs. Anyway, bro im actually 16 too and kinda went through a very minor version of this. Its summer time where i live and i smoke for maybe 3 weeks straight .5-1gram a day. I tried to sstop because im like ok i dont need it ill just stop the streak. Worst headache ever, (and i get migraines) felt no motivation to do anything, felt depressed, and felt like absolute ****. Now for me what ended up happening is i just started to smoke a little bit at night to get out of it, and im fine atm. I dont know im sure its much different for a 5 year term, but hey give it a try. And you really need to be careful since you have asthma. AND **** ALL OF YOU SAYING ITS NOT ADDICTIVE. I still love weed, and i know its my fault that i got addicted to it, but it is very addictive when done frequently, and DOES have withdrawl symptoms. Good luck man

Many experts also believe that marijuana is physically addictive. Symptoms of withdrawal from pot might include: aggression, anxiety, depressed mood, decreased appetite. Get rid of posters, bongs,

rolling paper etc... Start taking up some sort of psychical activity so that every time you feel the craving to smoke marijuana, you can get up and jog or ride a bike. t's so simple too, the hardest part is actually getting your *** off the couch and putting the sneakers on.

Make sure that you drink much water, eat fresh fruits and down those veggies because nothing can be better for you than this. The exercise plus a healthy water intake will help detox & flush your body of anything that shouldn't be there. After about one month of doing this, you'll definitely thank me for this, A8l32R443B.

Getting thought of stopping weed is really a very great thing.If you have full control on your mind you may control smoking by your own.If not you may go to a rehab consult a specialist and first detox the weed substances from your body.Follow the professionals advice, KzaV41P6tL.

• Ocho

F*ck man i was in the same situation man i smoked everyday and doing whatever i wanted to do, then two detectives came to my house and they said they got a tip i was selling Oxycontin and they were gonna watch me and they knew i smoked and were gonna catch me eventually. so I went to some drug therapist guy who tested me every week and talked to me and i hadn't smoked in like a month or so then i took a bong rip and got high and you know it lost its lust and i dont even want to smoke anymore. you just need some one to talk to and stop chillin with people who only smoke

• The kinda of people you attract is a reason to quit. Yes I was a junkie as a kid and would smoke everyday and borrow money from anybody who give to me and never pay it back, hell I even begged for money at my local grocery store. Yes it is very addictive, just give it up.

doesn't the pain, discomfort and difficulty breathing make you want to stop?

usually an asthma attack puts a damper on on a 'shesh...can't breathe, can't smoke...

when i quit here's what i did its really kinda shocking ready for it I PUT DOWN THE ******* PIPE! come on man its not crack or meth these drugs are way harder to quit then some harmless non addictive pot grow up and throw away the bong if you wanna quit

Source(s): former druggie

I'm blazed as **** right now

Source(s): christianmingle.com