Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Blargh
Blargh asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How bad did I really eat today?

Breakfast:

1/2 cup of oatmeal = 150 calories

1 small nectarine = 50 calories

2 slices 100% whole grain toast, teaspoon "I can't believe its not butter, light." = 110 calories

Snack:

1 banana = 105 calories

Lunch:

4 fake meat chicken nuggets (made from veggies, protein enriched) = 190 calories

2/3 cups of blackberries = 60 calories

Dinner:

1 cup tatter tot casserole = 300 calories (I didn't eat it all, but just left the calories the same.)

1/2 cup steamed mixed veggies = 40 calories

Total Calories so far today = 1005

IM NOT DONE EATING TODAY!!! I EAT AROUND 1700 CALORIES A DAY!! IM A VEGETARIAN!!

I drink plenty of water.

I'm 19, female, 5'7, starting weight was 258lbs - currently 201lbs.

I do at least 40 minutes on the treadmill 6 days a week (I did 45 minutes today, running 23 mins)

I do 60-90+ minutes of yoga a week (I did 30 minutes today.)

SO JUST HOW BAD...DID I REALLY EAT?

At Mr. Macke - Its taken me 27 full weeks to lose 57 pounds. I lost my first 20 during my first 4 weeks, but I was extremely overweight and lazy so the fat just melted right off me. I started off eating around 2000 calories a day and walking 20 minutes 6 days a week. I've up my work outs over these 27 weeks, and dropped my calories a little. Its about pushing yourself, not breaking yourself - the only thing you lose with starting out with a killer work out, is motivation.

At Awesome - I do eat every 2-3 hours a day. And I do intervals :)

That doesn't seem bad at all. Just remember what you should really focus on is eating smaller portions of food more times a day. Eating every three hours really jump starts your metabolism. And drinking plenty of water will help flush our the toxins in your body. Keep it up!!

And if you really want to get the most out of your treadmill workouts, try interval training- it is the BEST! Alternating between walking, jogging, and sprinting.

You are perfectly fine! The calories you have burned today and every day will take care of whatever your metabolism hasn't. Running 6 times a week triggers an afterburn, which burns calories even after your done working out.

Hope this helps :)

Source(s): Research

good but did you know that you would eat less calories if you just eat raw vegetables instead of steamed but may i ask how long did it take you to lose 57 pounds and what did you do

im trying to lose 20 pounds in1 month

That doesn't sound that bad, it's good you're active. Check your food and make sure you're getting enough vitamins and all that good stuff.

Source(s): I eat 3300 calories a day and I'm fit

not enough protein, but overall you ate healthy

Umm...not bad at all.