Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Could there be hope that we can get back together?

My boyfriend of one year broke up with me about a week ago and he said he didn't want to deal with a relationship anymore..he said that I'm gorgeous and all of the above. If he is still attracted to me, does he still have strong feelings for me? It doesn't seem like he does but he said the less he thinks about this the less it will affect him..could there still be hope? He said that he honestly does want to do this again but right now isn't a good time? But for some reason I'm afraid he won't come crawling back :/ if he still thinks I'm gorgeous? Does that mean anything?

Favorite Answer

i hate being the bear of bad news but im afraid that i do have some for you. i think the guy really needs space right now for whatever reason. i suggest you send him a text saying i just want you to know that i really care about you and if you ever need anything i m here for you....that way you end on really good terms. i say give it time. if its meant to be he will come back for you if it isnt then dont sweat it, it wasnt meant to happen.

If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

thats a quote to think about. i hope i helped you. i hate to see someone broken hearted. i thought i would never be broken hearted but it happened and there isnt much i can do. im still waiting for him i will wait as long as i possibly can haha:)

Okay if he thinks that you are gorgeous, then he obviously has a physical attraction to you. Try to find out what went wrong, was was his reasons for him braking up with you? Maybe he is going through a tough time right now and can not really focus on a relationship at the time. If you notice personal problems try to be there for him. However, don't be taken for a fool either. It could also be that he might just be keeping you on a hook so that he has someone to come back to when ever he feels like it. If you accept right away then you show that you are easily available and he might do this to you again. Nevertheless, there might be a chance that you guys can get back together if the feelings are real. If not, I'm sorry but there are other people you might want to try meeting. I apologize if I was not much help but I don't know how your relationship stood personally. Best of Luck!

Gorgeous gets their attention, but it doesn't put anything into a relationship. What are you doing for him?

Just because he thinks you're pretty doesn't mean he wants a relationship with you. Let him go. If its gonna happen, he'll come back. Move on.

No being pretty has nothing to do with it. It's about what you put in the relationship and what he is looking for.

I think you are done, he's just being nice by saying he isnt interested in you anymore.