Ready for another Baseball contest/predictions? Details inside->?

For those who are checking this for the 1st time Here's the contest. Check your teams schedule for the week. Predict the record your team will have this week. The one who gets its exactly right or go above their predictions at the end of the week will be the winner. in case of a tie this would be the tiebreaker. I'm changing it as an attempt to be more fair. When predicting the winner also predict the total number of runs your team will score during the week. The one closest to their run predictions is the winner. if it's still a tie after that i will pick the one who answered the correct answer the earliest.

Agree or disagree with this new tiebreaker system? Please let me know. This contest is for the week of 7/16-7/22. Thanks & good luck everyone.

Favorite Answer

Tigers play at home all week, so that works to their advantage.

we have a tough week 4 against the angels and 3 against the whiney sux.

I think we finish 5-2 (2 against the angels and sweep the whiney sux).

just saw the runs scored thing.

I predict The Tigers will score at least 35 runs this week.

The Red Sox play three with the Blue Jays then fly to Seattle for 4. I will say 4-3 through next Sunday. BQ Hey, Scooter, it's your contest. You can borrow from the BCS and use degree of difficulty as the tiebreaker. If the Cardinals had 3 with the Cubs and 3 with the Padres and the Nationals had 3 with the Dodgers and 3 with the Braves, and both the Cardinals and the Nationals were 4-2 and scored the same number of runs, you would look at the combined record of the opposition and award the points to the Nationals fan, as an example. Hope that helped.

• David

After a disgusting sweep at the hands of the A's, Twins get four against Baltimore and three against Kansas City. That's a formula for healing up. I predict 5-2.

I never did like your first tiebreaker, so this is a definite improvement. Twins hitting is finally coming around, so I predict 35 runs scored.

I'm gonna predict the White Sox to go 4-3 this week. They got a tough schedule with Boston and Detroit and the starting rotation is a little crazy now with injuries.

I'll guess they will score 39 runs.

I've never done this but it seems like a fair system to me.

The Reds play four against the Diamondbacks so I say they split the series, and have three against the Brewers. I say they sweep the Brewers. So my prediction for the Reds this week out of seven games is win 5 out of 7 games. They have been on a roll, but I know anything can happen in baseball.

They will score 15 runs this week.

new system I agree.

Mets 5-1

• GTAP!!

5-2 30 runs

Tampa Bay Rays

4-3 between 7/16-7/22.

I think they'll score a total of 16 runs.

Yankees have seven games against Toronto and Oakland. They'll go 5-2 and score 40 runs.

• Kevin

I think the Redsox will win 4 out 7 games. I think we score 32 runs.