Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

What does Green tea do?

I just was wondering how does green tea help you loose weight?

Favorite Answer

It’s a huge diuretic, so you lose heavy water weight and dehydrate.

Losing water weight and dehydrating (getting chapped lips, dry skin and digestive problems when your fiber becomes a dry sponge) should not be your goal.

LOSING BODY FAT doing aerobics (3500 calories of exercising for each pound of body fat that you wish to lose) and GAINING MUSCLE MASS to get in shape and get stronger, toner and thinner…those should be your goals, combined with a healthy diet, healthy enough to cover your BMR and curb your hunger (so you do not send your metabolism down the drain).

Unlike other diuretics, you usually do not combine salty food with tea so you cannot compensate your water loss with water retention by getting more sodium.

Besides tea, diuretics are drinks like alcohol, coffee, sodas (anything with caffeine), cranberry juice, and food like cucumbers, watermelons, fresh tomatoes, asparagus, artichokes, beets, carrots, lettuce, raw onions, oats, melon, celery, parsley and any veggie from the cabbage family...cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, Chinese broccoli (kay-lan), Chinese cabbage (bok choy), cress, cauliflower, turnips, kale, collard greens, mustard, canola (rapeseed), radish, horseradish, rutabaga, and 20 others...

I will use salty vinaigrette with artichokes or asparagus, or combine cauliflower/ham in a casserole, or a slice of ham with a sandwich containing lettuce, tomato and onion (lettuce/fresh tomato/raw onion are the trifecta of diuretics in a sandwich) or eating sauerkraut with sausages and corned beef with cabbage as to compensate the effect of diuretics.

I will not drink tea and then have to deal with the water loss, having to drink more water and countless trips to the bathroom, having to deal with sodium cravings…too much bother for me.

Some people are brainwashed by the diet industry and cannot make the difference between weight losses on a scale, not even caring if it’s water, muscle mass, body fat or food/waste weight fluctuations.

Edit:

Tea is full of antioxidants? Of course and the diet industry has a way to find one good little thing about something and run all the way to the bank with it.

Sometimes, it’s hilarious, like some crappy stuff has 1% of something good and the diet industry will go on and on and on about that 1%, with confusing details about all the studies done on that 1% good stuff…then you cannot see the forest for the trees.

If you want antioxidants, eat more beans (red, black, kidney, pinto…) and more fruits/veggies, especially berries (black, blue, cran, rasp, straw…).

• ?

It's full of antioxidants but I haven't heard that it helps you loose weight. It's tea!

Yeah it's good for your body but I don't believe it will help with weight loss. Sorry (:

• David

newest "urban" myth, or should i say internet myth. you can,t eat a twinky, and then drink green tea to force weight loss.

Its good for health and also makes you loose your weight

Source(s): tea
  • ?

My dear friend,it is a myth.Enjoy your tea/coffe in whatever form/way you like.

Source(s): I am a counsellor.