Skyrim: The Forsworn Conspiracy bug?

So today I started a new character on Skyrim and began doing the quest line in Markath for the Forsworn. I finished the quest, but the guards in the Shrine of Talos blamed me for murdering and wanted to send me to jail. I killed them and ran out of the building. More guards attacked me so I yielded and they said,... show more So today I started a new character on Skyrim and began doing the quest line in Markath for the Forsworn. I finished the quest, but the guards in the Shrine of Talos blamed me for murdering and wanted to send me to jail. I killed them and ran out of the building. More guards attacked me so I yielded and they said, "Halt. You are under arrest for murder and conspiracy against the city of Markath." I said "I submit. Take me to jail." Nothing happens, I get the speech option "What's the problem?" And he says, "By the word of the Jarl, stop right there! You have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people, what say you in your defense?" I say "I submit take me to jail." Then I go to jail without the quest 'No One Escapes From Cidha Mine.'

The only save I have before it auto-saved from my exiting the Shrine of Talos is one from when I was level one in Whiterun. Help, please.