HELP ON FALLING ASLEEP?

Ive been unable to go to bed until 8 in the morning for the past week and i have school at 1pm so i get about 3 hours of sleep before i have to get ready and leave. ive tried everything except sleeping pills i have a fear of my house catching on fire and i cant wake up. any advice?

Favorite Answer

Get at least thirty minutes of outside time as this can help make the brain recognize the sleep time. Also don't take naps longer than 10 minutes during the day, even if you only got 2 hours of sleep the past night. Wait until the next night, that way you will be really tired and get to fall asleep. Also don't do stuff that stimulates the brain before bedtime. Like video games or computer, as the light turns on the awake part of the brain. Wind down. And if you aren't tired before 10:30, then don't try to go to sleep. Wait until you are a little bit more sleepy. But before 10:30 is ideal. Hope this helps.

Source(s): Lot's of experience. I had the same problem and realized these key factors.

Relax!! You might be very stressed out. I like listening to slow music. That kind of helps me.

Also, try taking a bath and relaxing before you're of to bed.

Drink warm tea before you head out to bed.

These are just few things that help me out. Best of luck :)

• ?

To sleep better just relax and switch off, if you can.

If you are having trouble switching off at bedtime some light exercise (for example, push ups or sit ups) at bedtime often helps you to relax, unwind and switch off and that often improves your sleep. Strenuous exercise at bedtime is likely to ruin your sleep.

Common sleep aids include warm milk, Chamomile tea, 5-HTP, Melatonin and Valerian.

Sleep enhancing foods are supposed to include turkey, cherries, oatmeal, bananas, wine and others as in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkmOObYl...

You can see further tips in http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22how+to+fall... which tells you "how to fall asleep and stay asleep".

Its fine don't worry take unison I used it and nothing bad happened