How do i dispute this improper backing ticket? (north carolina)?

I was driving into a privatly owned car shop to pick up a car. i was to close to one of the vehicles parked on the side of the fence in the lot so i put my vehicle in reverse and honked my horn waited, looked over my shoulder and proceeded to back slowly. i felt a nudge and got out and hit a sheriff who was... show more I was driving into a privatly owned car shop to pick up a car. i was to close to one of the vehicles parked on the side of the fence in the lot so i put my vehicle in reverse and honked my horn waited, looked over my shoulder and proceeded to back slowly. i felt a nudge and got out and hit a sheriff who was "pulling me over for expired trailer tags (the truck was from kentucky and we dont have trailer tags so his ticket was thrown out) but there were no lights on, no sirens to signal that he was conducting a traffic stop. so a state police office shows up and issues me a ticket for improper backing code nc g.s 20-154(a). my thing is i know its a cop that got hit so they want to save face, but this cop was to close behind me either way and was hidden by the car that i almost hit. when i hit the horn he should have did something to tell me he was back there. so do i go into court and ask to see tapes? he said he had the whole thing on camera and i would need a lawyer to see the tapes. also isnt there a law in North Carolina about private property auto accidents?