can someone explain cec settings on my vizio hdtv.?

i want to get the most of my new tv. but i don't understand the cec settings. i believe i can set the tv remote to work anything i have connected to the hdmi connections.?? is that right?? so i need to get an hdmi cable for my surround system, wii and vcr ?? i already have my ps3 connected via hdmi.

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

CEC does things like switching the TV to the correct input when you turn on a device. It has to be supported on each of the source devices to have control over them via the TV's remote. Your VCR certainly won't understand any CEC commands. Regular VCRs don't have HDMI connections, so even if you manage to get a conversion cable from HDMI to the VCR connections any CEC commands will be lost. It's the same with the Wii.

CEC support works on the slim PS3 but not the older fat version

• dayley

Hdmi Cec Vizio

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i want to get the most of my new tv. but i don't understand the cec settings. i believe i can set the tv remote to work anything i have connected to the hdmi connections.?? is that right?? so i need to get an hdmi cable for my surround system, wii and vcr ?? i already have my ps3...

Source(s): explain cec settings vizio hdtv: https://tr.im/Bnof5

Do you mean your cable signals or your DVD is 480i? If it's your cable, then I suspect your cable box needs to be set to output 1080i. Your component cables can handle 1080i--mine do from my Comcast box. But, on my Comcast system, there are TWO versions of channels that offer HD content. For example, there are two CBSs; one in SD, and one in HD. And they're no where near each other on the "dial;" the SD CBS channel is channel 6, and the HD CBS channel is channel 212. Perhaps that's the way it is on your system. If your DVD is displaying 480i, then you need to tell your DVD player to output 480p, or progressive. I had to turn that option on on my DVD player, as that was happening to me, too, on my Vizio 42" LCD (which I love, by the way).

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axtqO

I ran into this problem with my Samsung LCD.. the Cox Cable HD box wasn't automatically converting the signal to 1080i. You'll have to go into the settings of your cable box and manually switch it to 1080i... I ran through a setup process that it displays a bunch of screens and which ever one you can see it programs the box to use ...after that it automatically switched between the 1080i for the HD channels and lower 720/480 for the non HD channels. Call your cable provider.. thats what i did to figure out the setup program.

• urch

What Is Cec