For the femminist out there, male and female.?

Feminist ask men, to step outside themselves and try to view the many disadvantages of women in society. They point to areas of male privilege both real and imaginary and ask men to understand the multitude of ways in which men benefit from society. Do feminist also belive that they should step outside... show more Feminist ask men, to step outside themselves and try to view the many disadvantages of women in society. They point to areas of male privilege both real and imaginary and ask men to understand the multitude of ways in which men benefit from society.

Do feminist also belive that they should step outside themselves and attempt to understand female privilige and understand the areas where males face disproportionate expectations?

Note : A common argument for the near non existance of female privilege is that many areas considered female privilege are actually examples of female exclusion. This is sometimes true but there are genuine areas where women have a full out advantage now, it has not always been. As for the imagined privileges, the same can be said of male privilege Hence my comment on *imaginary* privilege.

An egalitarian view of Female privilege, insofar as it does not bash feminism:
it adresses male privelege to a lesser extent, written by an ex feminist who used to host seminars.

http://newmalestudies.com/OJS/index.php/nms/article/view/35
Update: To Sophie, I can only say that feminist have the same tendancy to bash men. any man who suggest that men feminism is imperfect is sexist, I was strait out told that not supporting feminism makes me sexest and that feminism only means that you support equality. Feminism has a goal of equality but it does not always... show more To Sophie, I can only say that feminist have the same tendancy to bash men. any man who suggest that men feminism is imperfect is sexist, I was strait out told that not supporting feminism makes me sexest and that feminism only means that you support equality. Feminism has a goal of equality but it does not always achieve that goal and it does do a lot of damage, in my opinion.