Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 8 years ago

Help with Environmental Scientist jobs.?

Can you guys give me a list of jobs a person with a bachelors degree in environmental science can get?

please describe in detail the job requirements and what the job entails. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a few different types of jobs you can get. They can be in the private or government sectors. My brother's gf has an environmental science degree and i have a diploma in environmental protection technology (same thing pretty much, just went to college instead of university).

She works for the government in a lab testing water and i work for an engineering consulting company. It really depends on what company you get on with. I've done everything from drilling, soil sampling, water sampling, construction inspections, environmental site assessments and remediation, asbestos remediation, air sampling, geotechnical work, geophysical work, report writing, etc. Most work that will be available to you (at least what i have come across here in manitoba) will be writing reports or working in the field. It seems that there is a never ending demand for water samplers. You may also be able to find jobs relating to ecology and resource management. Unless you find a job working in an office or a lab, expect to be on the road a lot and working alone.

Here is a list of jobs from the University of Winnipeg Enviro Science fact sheet;

"Graduates have found successful employment in a wide range of fields. These include ecology, parks management, natural

resource management, Geographic Information Systems land evaluation, trace contaminant and hazardous waste

management, and global environment issues. The primary employers are private consultants, multinationals, government

departments, and crown corporations. For example, The United Nations, The Atomic Energy Corporation of Canada, The

Canadian International Development Agency, and various municipal and government departments and crown corporations

all have our graduates on staff"

Because there are so many possibilities, it is difficult to give you job requirements and details.

I hope this helped a little bit. Perhaps figure out the exact area you want to work in and do a bit of research into what that particular job requires.

Source(s): 2 years working in the field
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Get Cash Taking Surveys - http://OnlineSurveys.iukiy.com/?BNrg
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.